I am a Canadian student developer interested in programming, finance and electronics.
I write iPad, Ruby, Qt and Rails apps for fun, work and homework.
I’m currently studying CS at the University of Waterloo.
These are some of my personal software projects.
- An iPad app for personal finance planning.
- A Ruby command line tool for managing Git repositories.
- A web app for visualizing long term stock market data
- The New Open Turing Editor
- An improved implementation of the Turing language, including a new editor written in Qt.
I also wrote a compiler.
- A ruby gem that that manipulates PNG files to create magic thumbnails.
- A work-in-progress eye tracker that requires only a normal webcam.
Stuff I’ve Done
This is a list of the things I have worked on and am currently working on. It is in kind of chronological order. I will try and write down all the things I have worked on. Unfortunately I don’t remember many of the things I worked on in years gone by. I am also more productive nowadays so the list will look a little top-heavy.
- Wrote a command line tool for Waterloo Watcard info.
- Started attending the University of Waterloo
- Built the electronics and firmware for my DIY keyboard.
- Released IndexView on Mr. Money Mustache.
- Designed and built a custom keyboard case out of layered acrylic.
- Wrote a tool for graphing and analyzing long term market returns.
- Gave a talk at Ottawa Ruby on the Ruby Standard Library
- Used 3D printing to prototype a concept for magnetic levitation hall effect keyboard switches.
- Forked the ranger file manager to work better with OSX, creating MacRanger.
- Extended ranger file manager to support images and file icons on OSX.
- Went to the ECOO programming contest finals and came 4th (1st in region).
- Spent most of the winter finishing up and releasing my app StashLine
- Wrote a graphing program that follows all the school science rules.
- Made a program to generate function art for my math summative.
- Started work on a personal finance iPad app.
- Gave a lightning talk at Ottawa Ruby about writing Ruby Gems.
- Worked at Shopify over the summer.
- Integrated Pro into the Sublime Text editor via a plugin.
- Wrote Pro, a tool for managing Git repos.
- Won the Ottawa AppJam for my Turing Compiler and IDE, which I polished and linked together.
- Went to the ECOO programming contest finals and came 5th.
- iPhone app for my xml data storage system.
- Ruby framework for my xml data storage system.
- Ultimate tic-tac-toe java applet.
- My science fair project on building an EEG. Won gold medal and a trip to the national science fair. http://tristan.hume.ca/distribute/Brainwaves%20(Tristan%20Hume).pdf
- Ajax and php web app for my xml data storage system.
- Science fair project on Galvanic Skin Response. Won gold medal in regional science fair.
- Random platformer. Flash platformer with generated levels.
- Redesign of tristan.hume.ca
- Bob escape platformer.
- Taught course on creating web pages to kids at my school.
ERROR: Tristan’s memory does not go back further than 2009. Tristan’s exploits before this mostly included websites, science fair projects and Lego Mindstorms.